The roof is the key feature that provides the most protection to the integrity of your home, and because of this, it is the most susceptible to the elements, which means homeowners like yourself need to consider a replacement when the time comes – and here’s when to begin looking.
After a settled storm
Even a light rain is still enough to impact a roof, and a storm can do much more. According to the National Weather Service, homes will begin to sustain damage when the wind blows around 50 to 60 miles per hour. After everything calms down, it may be a good idea to check your roof for a few variables:
- Does your attic have any leaks?
- Can you spot any water marks on walls or ceilings?
- Can any shingles be found on the ground around your home?
- Has your chimney been displaced?
- Have the gutters been damaged or removed?
When the roof is ready to retire
All roofs play an important role in defending a home from nature, and they will eventually wear away. Thankfully, roofs provide easy-to-spot signs that can let you know when they are about to call it quits.
- The age of your roof is a good indicator.
- Shingles are curling, buckling, balding or missing.
- It is beginning to sag, which may be a foundational issue.
- Light is shining through your attic.
- Moss and algae growth can be found in your home.
Are you considering a new roof for your home? V & V Roofing offers professional services and years of experience for your next roofing project. We only use the best materials and provide competitive prices to ensure your new roof will last for many decades to come. Contact us today!
Request an Appointment